Winner is one of the more recent bookmakers to hit the market and have been about since 2013. But, in that time they have managed to carve out a really strong hold in the sports betting sector, tying up several lucrative sponsorship opportunities in that time, including that of Durham County Cricket Club.
One of the reasons behind the success is that since 2009 Winner have already been producing successful bingo and casino offerings. What you will often find is that companies who have seen success in these areas previously tend to do well when jumping on the sports betting bandwagon, which is pretty much the case in this example.
Please note: Winner have closed to the UK market. If you had funds in your account you can still access them by contacting the customer service team at [email protected].
Mobile Loyalty Free Bets
To try an entice punters to use Winner on mobile, you are going to be able to grab some free bets which are attached to every betting account. You are essentially going to be able to get a £10 free bet for every twenty £10 bets that you place each month on a mobile browser or within the mobile app. The offer includes bets placed on horse racing (not in-play) plus in-play football, tennis, NFL/NBA/NHL/MLB, snooker and darts. The minimum odds for each bet placed must be at 2.00 (evens) or greater.
The maximum number of times this can be claimed is 20 per calendar month, which offers up a potential of £200 in free bets. Free bets are valid for 7 days and will need to be placed at odds of between 2.00 (evens) and 11.00 (10/1). Any winnings from the free bets will not include the original stake.
At Winner you may be able to take advantage of their VIP Cashback Club. To gain entry you will need to deposit £500 or more per month and then you will then be entitled to claim some of your loses back as free bets. The free bets that you get back will be calculated from your net losses in a given week and will start from as little at £5 working their way right up to a £2,000 maximum each week.
Net losses are calculated between Monday and Sunday with the free bet credited on the following Monday. These free bets will then be valid for 7 days to use on any bet with odds of between 2.00 (evens) and 11.00 (10/1), much like the mobile free bets above. As long as you deposit at least £500 each month you will remain eligible.
In addition to the mobile free bets and the VIP cashback, Winner also has a loyalty points scheme to reward customers. Points are gained from placing sports bets or from betting in the casino. There are seven football themed points tiers and bonuses are given to you as you move to the next tier.
As you can see from the image you start of as an ‘Amateur’ and could potentially work your way up to becoming a ‘World Cup Winner’. Each upgrade bonus that you get can either be as a free sports bet or free casino credit which have wagering requirements. As you move from one tier to the next you’ll be able to choose how you want your bonus to be awarded. Free sports bets are valid for 7 days and need to be wagered at odds of 2.0 (evens) in order to be withdrawn. You don’t have to use it in one bet however, they can be separate.
In addition to the upgrade bonus, the top three tiers – Premier League Winner, Champions League Winner and World Cup Winner give a VIP present if you reach that level. As you would expect, these increase in value, the higher the level.
How Can Points be Earned?
You get points for placing sports or casino bets. The staking levels are as follows:
- £4.50 sports single bet = 1 Point
- £2.00 sports multiple bet = 1 Point
- £12.00 of casino bets = 1 Point
Your points progress can be tracked using the Winner Points Dashboard which has a green bar showing how close you are to the next points tier.
The offers at Winner don’t vary much however they do have some strong promotions which run right through the year. If you bet accumulators you are particularly well catered for with acca bonuses and insurance on football, tennis and golf.
Football Acca Club
Like all good bookies these days, at winner if you are into your football accumulator bets, then you are going to love this offer. There are three offers that you are going to be able to claim from the Acca Club:
- Offer 1 – Weekly £5 Free Acca – Place 5 x £5+ accumulator bets with individual selections are odds of 1.50 or greater and get a £5 free accumulator token each Monday.
- Offer 2 – Free Bet if 1 leg lets you down – Get up to £25 back if a 1 leg of your 6+ Fold lets you down.
- Offer 3 – Cash bonus on winnings – Get up to 50% cash bonus on winnings worth up to £5,000. Minimum bets must be 6+ fold and worth up to 25% in bonus money.
- Lucky 15/31/63 bonuses – If you have a bet on any of these and you get all 4/5/6 correct, a cash bonus on winnings will be applied. Four correct on a Lucky 15 will get a 10% bonus. Five correct in a Lucky 31 gets a 20% and six correct in a Lucky 63 will net a bonus of 25%. If you only have one winner in a Lucky bet, the odds for this will be doubled.
- Acca Insurance – Like other accumulator insurance offers, this gives you a free bet refund if only one leg of your bet loses. This applies to 2 or 3 ball acca’s that have at least 4 selections and you could be refunded up to £25.
- Second and third place refund – Finding the winner of any golf tournament is never easy so if your player finishes second or third there will be a free bet up to £25 for you here to compensate. This is available on all European and PGA Tour events if you place your bet before the tournament starts. The free bet will be the same value as your win stake and it will still count if there are ties.
In addition to the tennis loyalty bonus which is mentioned earlier on, there’s also two promotions that apply to tennis accumulators.
- Accumulator cash bonuses – Starting with doubles, tennis acca’s can receive a cash bonus on winnings from between 5% and 50% for 12-folds and above. The more selections that you have, the bigger the bonus percentage. All major tournaments like the grand slams are included and your accumulator can be on the match winner, first set winner or set betting markets. Your extra winnings will be paid as cash up to a pretty hefty maximum of £5,000.
- Insurance – Winner like to feature acca insurance offers and tennis is no different. One losing selection will get your money back as a free bet if you have five or more legs to your bet. Again, the maximum for this is £25.
For both these offers there are minimum odds of 1/5 per leg so there’s plenty of scope to include your favourite players.
Similar accumulator bonuses that apply to tennis and football also apply to US sports with NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL all covered.
- Acca Bonus – Again winning doubles and upwards can qualify for a cash bonus of up to 50%. For doubles it will be 5%, rising with how many selections you put in your bet to the maximum for 12-folds and above.
- Accumulator insurance – Again, five folds and above will have a free bet refund of your stake if one sole selection loses. The max free bet for this is also £25.
There are slightly different minimum odds to the tennis offer with all your selections needing to be 1/2 (1.5) or above but there’s still plenty of scope with this.
The depth of the bookmaker at Winner sportsbook is one of the reasons why they have had so much success in a short period of time. It usually takes you just a few seconds on site to see how well-equipped a bookmaker is these days and right from the off you can see that there is plenty to see and do at Winner.
The site works around both horse and football more than any other sports, which isn’t all that surprising. The football section is massive, with over 32,000 betting markets at the time of writing, rivalling pretty much any in the industry. The horse racing market sis slightly smaller, but it turns over much quicker in that new races and bets are posted up every day.
The Quick Links section on site is something that we found incredibly handy. It allowed you to jump to popular markets or matches that are currently taking place and saves you loads of time trawling through massive ranges of markets before finding your bet. The bookmaker also includes a live scores suction along with statistics section that is powered by Bet Radar, who are one of the best in our opinion.
Winner has been about since 2009, but their sports betting sector didn’t actually take off until 2009. It’s been the company’s success in the casino and poker industry that has lead to the natural progression into sports betting.
The company is owned by that of PT Entertainment Limited, who themselves are growing at an alarming rate. Within the group includes that of TitanBet, one of the largest gambling producers in the industry at the minute. They are based out of Isle of Man and are registered with the UK Gambling Commission. The company now boast millions of players situated around the globe and with that are continuing to grow at an alarming rate.
If you normally use debit cards Mastercard and Visa are accepted here. Alternative methods include the popular eWallets PayPal, Skrill and Neteller and the prepayment cards Paysafecard and Entropay. You can also use the mobile payment program Boku as well as direct bank transfers.
- Minimum Deposit – The minimum deposit on the website is £10 but you can deposit £5 if doing so through mobile.
- Minimum Withdrawal – The minimum that you will be able to withdraw is £20.
- Withdrawal Time – For every withdrawal there is a pending period of up to 3 days. After which, eWallets will take up to a further day. Debit card and Entropay withdrawals will take 4-7 business days once processed with bank transfers taking 2 business days.
- Fees – Winner do not apply fees to any of the stated payment methods.
- Bonus Exclusions – Skrill, Neteller and Paysafecard deposits won’t qualify for the welcome bonus.
Licence & Contact
- Live Chat – Via website (24/7)
- Email – [email protected]
- Telephone – UK +44 808 1203 498
- Post – PO Box 45, Post office Mladost 1784, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Licence Details – UK Gambling Commission 39123
- Company Name – PT Entertainment Services Limited
- Registered Company Address – Ground Floor, St. Georges Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle OF Man, IM1 1EE