Racebets are one of the more niche bookmakers in the industry in that they only offer betting markets on horse racing. The company were founded in 2005 and it took them only 2 more years to be fully established as the leading bookmaker in Germany. In 2010 the company mergoded with German Racing and whose influence it was to take the bookmaker down the route of providing solely horse racing markets.
What’s been great to see from the company is that they share out a decent percentage of their overall returns with the sport, resulting in the community benefiting from the fruits of the labour within Racebets. Racebets have gone from strength to strength over the years and have actually relocated offices from Germany to Malta, allowing them to target a much wider demographic of countries in terms of both players and the markets they can offer.
Racebets are now fully regulated by both the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority ensuring only the highest levels of practice throughout.
Please note - as of 10:00hrs on 21 October 2020 Racebets have stopped offering services to their UK customers. In an email sent out to players it is stated that unsettled bets will be paid out as winners and bonuses converted to cash. You have until 23:59hrs on 18 November 2020 to withdraw any remaining balance.
The first thing that really stood out to us at Racebets is the sheer range of races that they cover. With most bookmakers these days you can expect to find full coverage from the UK and Ireland, but Racebets also offers acing from South Africa, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Australia, Chile, Turkey, India, United States, Canada and the UAE. The range simply cant be matched and it’s much more targeted meaning that it offers more races from these countries than any other bookmaker we have come across.
The depth of the bookmaker is always a great starting point to work out how accommodating they are going to be for any punter and with horse racing this often down to their statistics section. We were delighted to see that this again is as good as you will find! All you do is type in the horse or jockey that you want information on and then it brings up a plethora of data. What’s great is that you can choose the data year by year, allowing you to see how a horse has improved or declined over that time. It’s one of the best free tools that we have come across for horse racing.
Finally we wanted to mention about the live streaming service that’s on offer for certain races on the site. It doesn’t appear to offer any UK or Ireland racing, but it does cover a wide range of the international markets that we mentioned above. These are often the races that are much harder to find streams of, so again it provides a valuable resource for punters.
UK customers can deposit into their account using Visa, Mastercard and Maestro debit cards, Neteller, Skrill and PayPal eWallets and by using prepaid Paysafecards or Racebets vouchers. You will also be able to use direct Bank Transfer. Customers from outside the UK have slight variation to these methods so check the payment section of the website to see which will apply to you.
- Minimum Deposit – Deposits made by debit card, Skrill and Neteller have a minimum of £10, for PayPal this is £20. Bank Transfers have a minimum of £5 whilst Paysafecard deposits can be just £1 and above.
- Minimum Withdrawal – Any withdrawal amount can be requested however fee’s may apply. See below for further details.
- Withdrawal Time – These timescales are fairly standard with debit card withdrawals taking 3-5 days. Skrill, Neteller and PayPal withdrawals will take 1-2 days whilst Bank transfer will be between 3-7 days.
- Fees – There will be a deduction of £1.50 from any withdrawal of under £5. If you make four or more withdrawals in a 30 day period, each will be subject to a £0.50 fee. A £15/€15 handling fee will be applied to bank transfers outside of the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA). Should you withdraw an amount without turning over the initial deposit in full, Racebets may make an 8% deduction to the unused deposit amount.
- Bonus Exclusions – If you deposit via Skrill, Neteller or Paysafecard you will not be able to take advantage of the welcome bonus unless these payments have been made from India or Japan.
Licence & Contact
- Live Chat – Via website
- Email – [email protected]
- Telephone – 0808 238 0022 (UK Freephone), +44 203 747 6778 (outside of UK)
- Licence Details – UK Gambling Commission 39428
- Company Name – Racebets International Gaming Limited
- Registered Company Address – Dragonara Business Centre, Dragonara Road, St Julians, STJ 3141