188bet have quickly become one of the go-to bookmakers for punters in the UK. The brand has seen a sizeable increase in exposure due to several high profile online and TV marketing campaigns, but with that comes the depth to back up all the hype. Not to be confused with 888sport, 188bet are proud to offer their customers some of the most diverse markets to bet on and over the last few months have taken positive strides to expanding throughout Europe.
The company claim that you can get up to 20% better odds by betting with them, compared to betting exchanges. The comparison on site, admittedly, is a little weird being that they aren’t a betting exchange themselves, but still, looking over the site they do seem to be competitively priced, especially for a ‘smaller’ bookmaker in the industry.
Please Note: 188Bet is no longer available in the UK, Ireland or Channel Islands.
Horse Racing Specials
There doesn’t tend to be a lot on offer when it comes to sports promotions but the restaurant themed horse racing daily specials give regular money back offers and enhancements.
You’ll be able to find out exactly what’s on offer by checking out the specials board in the horse racing area of the site.
We were really impressed with the sports coverage on the 188bet site and with this comes a sense of depth that not all bookmakers offer. They draw a particular interest in US facing sports, such as American football, basketball and baseball, and whilst more bookmakers from the UK are starting to do this, it’s still a bit of sleeping giant in our opinion from these types of bookmakers.
The in-play market is something that 188bet have really tried to improve over the last few years. They have a much wider range of games to pick from and what we really liked was the number of markets that you could choose from for each. Now, you don’t get astonishing coverage, but we would say that it’s pretty good and well above average. The live betting markets also includes a stats section and live match section, where you can see a real time graphic of the game and the actions taking place.
Finally, an interesting feature that we found was their ‘Asian View’. With this the site changes a little and starts to show you Asian betting markets such as handicap and over/under markets. These types of betting markets are becoming increasingly popular throughout the betting industry and outside of Asia, so it’s major kudos for 188bet to take it to the next level and offer a while section devoted to this.
A fairly limited range of payment methods are on offer but most will be able to find an option which suites. You can use all major Visa and Mastercard debit/credit cards, Neteller, Skrill, Entropay and direct bank transfers.
- Minimum Deposit – The minimum deposit is £10. The only exception to this is direct bank transfers which have a £50 minimum.
- Minimum Withdrawal – Low withdrawal limits of £5 for debit and credit cards, £1 for Skrill and Neteller. If you chose to withdraw via cheque the minimum is £10.
- Withdrawal Time – eWallets have a quick processing time of two hours, after which your funds will become available. Visa, Mastercard and international bank transfer withdrawals are processed 1- 3 days, cheques can take between 5 and 30 days.
- Fees – The only fees applied are to withdrawals via cheque, with a charge of 20 USD each time.
- Bonus Exclusions – As you will generally find, Skrill and Neteller deposits will not qualify for the welcome offer.
Licence & Contact
- Live Chat – Via the website (available 24/7)
- Email – [email protected]
- Telephone – Europe: +44 20 3769 5910
- Licence Details – UK Gambling Commission 39415
- Company Name – Annatar Limited
- Registered Company Address – Ground Floor, St George’s Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1EE