Vernons have a long and illustrious history as one of the primary football pools providers for much of the 20th century. After having changed hands a number of times when the popularity of the football pools waned, Vernons are now owned by NetPlay TV Group Ltd, a global TV and internet gaming company, and are focussed on their online gaming provision which includes an online casino, a bingo room and, most notably, their excellent online sportsbook.
The Vernons sportsbook keeps things nice and simple for customers, with intuitive navigation and a no-nonsense layout that makes it simple to find what you want, quickly. But it is the range and regularity of their betting offers that really make Vernons stand out from the crowd, starting with their generous and easy-to-claim welcome offer.
Please note - Vernons closed down in late 2019 and is no longer operating. This review is no longer actively maintained.
Given the growing popularity of betting on the move, the Vernons sportsbook and the casino are available on mobile. Vernons also doesn’t have many of the bells and whistles that are sometimes found when visiting some of their better-established rivals; for instance there is no provision to watch sporting events live through their site. Having said that, the Vernons in-play betting provision is well-developed and makes it easy to view the upcoming events and to place live bets.
Vernons are a trustworthy and well-run gambling company who have a strong customer focus – their live chat service is particularly handy – and a very real commitment to data and financial security. All in all we would say Vernons would appeal to those who want a solid bookmaker who has a very good range of betting offers and clear and concise user interface. In short, they keep things simple but they offer a robust and clear betting site that is easy and satisfying to use.
Payments are accepted by Visa, Mastercard, Visa Electron, Maestro, Neteller and Skrill/Moneybookers.
- Minimum Deposit – The minimum that you can deposit is £10.
- Minimum Withdrawal – This is also £10 although you can withdraw smaller amounts through contacting customer service but this will incur a charge.
- Withdrawal Time – Payment are normally processed within 48hours so eWallets should be credited shortly after. Debit cards will normally take between 3 and 5 days.
- Fees – No fees are charged by Vernons for depositing. Withdrawals of under £10 will incur a £1.50 charge.
- Bonus Exclusions – None are stated.
Licence & Contact
- Live Chat – Via website
- Email – [email protected]
- Telephone – UK: 0800 484 0044 (Freephone) outside of the UK: +44 1481 201779
- Post – NetplayTV Group Limited, PO Box 356, St Peter Port, Guernsey, GY1 3XQ
- Licence Details – UK Gambling Commission 39144
- Company Name – NetPlay TV Group Limited
- Registered Company Address – Bulwer Avenue, St Sampson, Guernsey, GY2 4LA