Sky Bet is the gambling sector of the satellite television giants, BskyB. The company has been running their now excellent bookmakers since 2003 and has gone on to establish itself as one of the leading UK and Ireland bookmakers.
The site provides a mix of sports and markets, mainly concentrating on that of football and horse racing. Because of its integration with the Sky Sports channels it often links in with the wide range of sports and event offered there from sports around the world. Whilst the company is far from the biggest in the industry, it has a massive marketing and development team behind it meaning that it’s often thought of as one of the best.
Due to changes in the way they operate, we are no longer able to recommend Sky Bet.
For a list of reputable betting sites see our favourites here.
Price Boosts & Extra Places
You’ll often find money back specials here such as refunds on losing bets on the first horse race of the day at big meetings. Where we think Sky Bet really shine though is in the price boost and extra places department. They have a wider range than almost anyone, both in terms of the markets that they’re offered on and also the sheer number.
You’ll find enhanced odds on pretty much every sport which has a fixture that day or in the near future. They’ll also boost certain ante post and outright winner prices. These boosts aren’t only available on single bets, there’s also a daily range of enhanced multiples or accumulators.
- Horse Racing – You’ll find numerous enhanced odds for each UK and Irish meeting every day. Where available you’ll see the yellow boost icon with a blue arrow. This can be on the price of a horse, a certain horse’s winning distance or both.
- Football – Enhancements range from boosted goalscorers or correct scores to specials such as scorecasts and enhanced accumulators amongst others.
- Tennis – Again tennis boosts cover various betting opportunities. There could be enhanced terms on a player to win a tournament or enhanced special markets.
Much like the price boosts, enhanced place terms are available on a range of sports. We’ve highlighted two regulars by way of an example.
- Horse Racing – Most days there will be at least one race on offer with an extra place available. There tends to be a stipulation of 10 runners or more but the exact terms will be stated. Some large field feature races have six places paid.
- Golf – Another popular each way betting medium see’s regular extra places on both PGA and European Tour events. This tends to be to six places but larger tournaments may be paid down to as much as 8th place.
If you’ve ever dreamt up a bet but couldn’t find the odds, Request A Bet might just be for you. Contact the Sky Bet team with your idea via the mobile app or through Twitter by messaging @skybet and they will try to price it up for you.
All requested bets are published on site for you to bet on. There’s no surprise to find the most popular bets are on the football and horse racing markets but they are available on a whole variety of sports. Prices can be on a combination of ante post outcomes or a set of scenarios occurring during a match or sporting event. The ball really is in your court.
As you can see from the image above, the football requested bets read like a conversation that you’d have down at the pub, and that’s the beauty of it.
You’ll find all the available bets under the specials section of each sport.
Super 6 – Chance to Win £1Million
If you ever watched Sky Sport’s Soccer Saturday program with Jeff Stelling an co, you’ll know all about the Super 6. By simply picking the correct results of six selected football matches, you could win a share of the jackpot which will be a cool £1million at the start of the season. Easy, right?!
This is totally free to enter and you can do so either on the web or by downloading the dedicated app. It is meant as a bit of fun but you’ll be able to bet on your selections too. If you think that winning the jackpot is far-fetched, there’s also a weekly £5000 prize for the player who gets closest, if not scooping all six correct results.
You’ll be able to see what your favourite pundits have gone for as well as check your own progress on the leaderboard. You can create and join mini leagues with your friends and family and again it’s all free to do.
The best thing about Sky Bet is their interaction with their sports channels. They run five channels along with a dedicated 24 hour news service and specialist channels such as Sky F1 and Racing UK. The sports on each channel vary massively but by simply selecting the ‘what’s on’ feature on the Sky Bet site you will be taken to the betting markets of whichever sport is running live at the time.
Sky Bet has also spent a lot of time researching and developing their betting app. They have a much larger financial backing than the majority of bookmakers out there – due to the nature of their company – and it comes as no surprise that this has resulted in them making one of the best mobile betting apps on the market.
You’ll be able to deposit and withdraw funds using all major debit cards as well as via Apple Pay. PayPal is available to current users but new Sky Bet customers won’t be able to add their PayPal account at this time. That’s where your options end unfortunately with Sky Bet deciding to no longer use Neteller and Skrill.
- Minimum Deposit – The minimum deposit is £5 for debit cards and Apple Pay. If you use PayPal the minimum is £10.
- Minimum Withdrawal – The minimum that you can withdraw is £10 across all payment methods.
- Withdrawal Time – Debit cards will take the standard 2-5 working days with PayPal taking up to 24 hours.
- Fees – Sky Bet do not apply charges for depositing and withdrawing.
- Bonus Exclusions – Bonuses can be claimed with all available payment methods.
- Transaction Name On your statement, transactions should show as ‘Sky Bet’.
Licence & Contact
- Live Chat – Via website
- Email – [email protected]
- Telephone – UK 0330 024 4777 (8 am to Midnight)
- Post – SkyBet Customer Service, 2 Wellington Place, Leeds LS1 4AP
- Licence Details – UK Gambling Commission 38718
- Company Name – Bonne Terre Limited trading as Sky Betting and Gaming
- Registered Company Address – Office 1, 1 The Crusher, Braye Harbour, Alderney GY9 3XX