GR88 (pronounced Great Eight, in case you were wondering) are quite new to the betting world but with a £100 welcome bonus on offer we think you’ll like them!
They were launched in 2009 and are licensed to Olympian Trading Limited, a company based – lucky for them – in the sunny and idyllic British Virgin Islands. They operate with Maltese, Canadian and Netherlands Antilles licenses, use software that is certified as fair and above board by iTech Labs and are also eCOGRA approved. With 128 bit SSL encryption – the industry benchmark – your personal and financial details are safe at GR88 and they are a newcomer with big potential.
As well as sports betting they also offer casino and poker platforms and whilst they do not accept players from the USA, Australia or France for legal reasons, the site is available in French (for their French-Canadian clients we assume) and accepts deposits in a huge number of currencies, with accounts operable in Euros, British Sterling and Canadian and American Dollars.
Please Note: GR88 is no longer in operation.
The opening offer is a reasonable deposit bonus worth up to £100. Simply deposit between £20 and £100 using the code GR88NEW and the free cash will hit your account instantly.
We’re not going to lie, there is a heftier than most turnover requirement on the bonus of 12x before you can make a withdrawal, but seeing as the bonus itself is withdrawable it’s definitely worth having a pop at. The low minimum odds (1/2 or 1.5) and 60 day time limit mean you have a great chance of clearing your bonus but note that until you do, no withdrawals can be made from your account.
Other promotions from Gr88 include:
- Weekly Reload Bonus – Make a deposit on a thursday using bonus code ‘THURS10’ and you’ll receive a 10% bonus worth up to £100. Comes with a 3x rollover requirement.
- Nil-Nil Money Back (Football) – Place a pre-match bet on selected markets (Correct Score, Half Time/Full Time or Scorecast) and if the game ends 0-0, you’ll get your money back.
- Late Goal Refund (Football) – If your bet loses because of a goal that was scored after the 88 minute mark, you’ll get it refunded (max £50).
- Accumulator Bonus (American Sports) – Place a winning multiple with 3 or more legs on games from across the pond (NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA) and you’ll get a bonus worth up to 50% on top of your winnings.
- NHL Shootout Money Back – Place a bet on the match winner market of any NHL game and if your bet loses in a shootout, you’ll get your money back (max £50).
Please note that for many of these offers you need to manually claim themby e-mailing customer support. Full details on how to claim are given in the terms and conditions of each offer, which can be found on the Gr88 website.
As GR88 are a relatively young gaming enterprise they have quite rightly chosen to focus on the basics before adding too many extra features to the site. The website is simple to use, although some may find the red and black colour scheme a little mean and moody, and there is a decent enough range of sports and markets covered.
We also like the fact that despite their Canadian and Caribbean license they call football, football, not soccer, and this is the sport which actually receives most attention at GR88. They offer around 90 markets as standard on English Premier League games and that compares pretty well with even the best UK-based operators.
Bets are easy to find, using either the search facility or the “live today” or “live now” tabs or the main sports titles in the left side bar. The in-play console is tidy enough, although the range of stats and markets provided isn’t as big as at the longer established bookmakers, although we would expect that to improve as they grow.
They have a blog that provides information on the various offers and promotions they run (and there are plenty!) and their customer service is solid for such a new company. Live chat is available, though not reliably online 24/7, although email support is on offer at all times. As said, for a new company this is pretty good and overall GR88 are a decent addition to the sports betting market.